Once you have finished setting up your account, you are ready to translate!
Your first page will look like this. You can find requests from here.
Let's start from the Light request!
Click on the type of translation request you want to work on.
The next page will show a list of the applicable translation requests.
* Depending on your translator status, there will be some requests you may not be able to work. For more information, please click.→ " Translator Status "
The following information is displayed for Light Requests:
· Language: The source and target languages.
· Time left: The time left to translate before the request is unlisted. There is a limited time for each translation work so check the time before you start working on it.
· Completed: Indicates how much work has been completed.
(Note: At least 2 translations for each light request is required for 100% completion, so for instance, it will say 50% when there has been only one translation submitted for that request.)
You can also check how many translations have been submitted, how many people are working, and whether there are any comments on those works.
The following information is displayed for Standard Requests:
· Language: The source and target languages
· Letters: The number of characters in the request
· Reward: The amount of reward you can earn from completing the request
· Deadline: Indicates the maximum allowed time that is allowed for working on the translation request
· Sample Text: The sample text for the request
Start Translating for Light Requests
※You need to agree to our NDA to work on Light Requests.
1. Click on the specific work you want to work on.
2. The translation request will appear. Press the "Start Translating" button to start your work. The reward indicated on the button are the amount you can earn when you have submitted your work.
3. A text box will appear for you to enter your translation. Again, the target language and the requested language will be indicated in the text box. (ex. English >> Japanese)
4. When you have finished your work, click the submit button.
Start Translating for Standard Requests
※You need to verify your ID to work on Standard Requests.
* Standard Requests have extra requirements before you can accept a Standard Request. If you mouse-over the request, a requirements list will appear. After completing all of the requirements, you will then be able to select the request.
You can also reference the following pages.
■How to work on standard requests
1. Accept the request by clicking on the "Accept" button.
2. Click on a paragraph (a number listing on the left-hand navigation bar) and begin translating.
3. After you have finished translating the paragraph, commit your work by clicking on the "Commit" button. Note: Commit translations are the ones sent to the requester. If you prefer, you can save a draft of your translation by clicking on "Save As Draft".
4. After all of the paragraphs are committed, double check your work. You can click on the "Submit" button to send to the requester.