Are there different levels of translators on Conyac?
All translators on Conyac have a registered status level for each language pair. The following figure summarizes our status system. Keep reading below for further details.
- By taking a Level Test, your status may go up or down, and your access to certain features may change.
- If there is a Level Test for your language pair, reviews will impact your rating, but not your status.
- If there is no Level Test for your language pair, reviews will impact both your status and your rating.
- In addition to Level Test results, the Conyac Quality Team may change the status of a translator after reviewing their translation results. In this case, the translator will be informed by email of their change in status along with the reason why.
- Before we can pay you, we need you to complete the following.
- Complete the basic account settings (confirm email, register language pairs, confirm Facebook account)
- Complete profile registration
- Complete the NDA
- Complete the personal ID verification process
- Receive 3 positive reviews or pass the Standard Level Test
Translator Status Levels
- This level is reserved for those translators who submit poor translations or who are caught submitting machine translations.
- Translation jobs you complete at this level are not eligible for compensation.
- The default level for newly registered freelancers on Conyac.
- If a translator takes the Level Test and fails to reach the Standard level by a small margin, they will gain the status Starter (High) and will be able to retest at an earlier date than those who are given Starter status.
- Eligible to work on Standard and Premium level requests (a Premium Request is where a client has specifically chosen you to do a translation job).
- Eligible for Double-Check Requests.
- May receive direct translation requests from the Conyac Team
- Specially recognized by the Conyac Quality Control Team to have outstanding performance.