Getting ready to work
Before they can start working on Conyac, all the bilinguals must get their ID verified and agree with the NDA to ensure a safe working environment.
Once you’ve registered on Conyac, you are just a few steps away from your first job.
Step 1: Verify your email address
You will first need to verify your email address. Make sure to check your inbox, as you should receive an email from Conyac to continue your registration. Please click the URL provided in it.
- If you did not receive an email from Conyac, please check your spam folder and make sure that your email address is correct.
- Click here to change of email address
Step 2: Register your languages
You must add at least 2 languages to your profile that you plan to work with. It will also enable your fellow bilinguals and clients to know more about your skills.
- Click here to add or edit your languages
Step 3: Agree to the NDA
Step 4: Get your ID verified
Along with the NDA, we also ask you to verify your identity.
Those who did not get their ID verified will not be able to transfer their reward to their PayPal/bank account, so please make sure to get through the process as soon as you can.
- Submit your ID for verification here
- About the ID Verification
Step 5: Link your Facebook account (optional)
This step is not mandatory. If you do not have a Facebook account or do not wish to provide it, you can skip it.
Please check our FAQ for more information.
- Even if you link your Facebook account, we will not notify you there, and there will be no post from Conyac to let your friends know that you registered on Conyac.
- We ask our bilinguals to verify their Facebook account to avoid creating multiple accounts and other kinds of fraud.
Let’s brush up your profile page
You can improve your profile by clicking your avatar in the upper right hand corner of your homepage, and “Edit profile”. There you will be able to change your profile picture and add more information about yourself such as your history of residence, previous jobs, etc.
- How to change your profile picture
- Why improving your profile
If you want to gain access to higher paid requests and enhance your image on Conyac, you may want to take a level test. A level test is considered as passed at the Standard level or above. You will still be able to take Light requests with lower status (Starter High, Starter and Trainee), so no worries.
Note 1: The default status until you take a test is Starter.
Note 2: It usually takes around 1 week to get the results of your test.
The below listed statuses are the two highest, giving you advantages on Conyac.
(both statuses can take all requests including Light requests and Market projects)
Senior: Senior level bilinguals can handle double-check requests in addition to regular
Standard: Standard level translators can handle regular Standard requests.
Those who fail the level test will have to wait for a certain period of time before being able to take the test again. The length of the waiting period depends on the status received.
* Starter and Trainee will have to wait 3 months before being able to take the Level Test again.
* Starter (High) will have to wait 1 month before being able to take the Level Test again.
You’re all set!
Now you are ready to take requests and start working on Conyac.
Depending on your status, you will have access to our Light requests, Standard requests and Market projects. Why not start out with a Light request as a practice?
Click here to get started!
- Light requests procedure
- Standard requests procedure